View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 AM   #151
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Ok, I successfully installed caecilia std roman (55). Thank-you for the great walkthrough. I appreciate the effort everyone has put into setting this stuff up.

My issue is that I like to read using the "small" view. In this view I notice that the "darkness" of the font is not as nice as the medium and large views where the beauty of caecilia shows up. I was wondering if anyone has tried a bolder base font like caecilia 75 and whether that looks better in the smaller view? Or alternatively, has anyone replaced the dutch font with a sans-serif font for easier reading at the smaller sizes?
I've not replaced the stock LRF fonts, but I have used Fontin very well with ePub and it looks very nice on screen at a small size. Give it a go. You'll be pleased with it. The best way to find out if you will be pleased is to download just the Fontin regular (no bold, no italic, etc) and embed it in a book via Calibre or Book Designer and see how it looks. I know page turns will be slower, but you are doing this for the look and not the feel until you replace Dutch Roman with Fontin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote