Thread: Ayn Rand
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #48
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I loved Atlas Shrugged; I still love it. Knowing some of its flaws as a total economic & philosophical system don't change that.

I don't mind giving her a break about childcare issues... but her acolytes don't seem to have any better answers; they seem to think children are an expensive individual hobby rather than a community project. (While I think there's a limit to community input on child-rearing, I also think that encouraging parents to make entirely their own standards and choices is very troublesome.)