My Chili Recipe
Chili is about more than heat, but is flavor. Here's a mild heat chili recipe that I think you will find satisfying.
1. Put a chopped bell pepper and chopped onion in a skillet. Brown and season with garlic salt and pepper a couple pounds of ground round or stew meat in a TBL of butter. Don't drain the butter. Put it all into a large crock pot.
2. Dump in 2 large cans of diced tomatoes.
3. Dump in a drained can of light kidney beans.
4. Dump in an undrained can of pinto beans. (The bean juice is starchy and will thicken the chili slightly)
5. Stir in 4 to 6 TBL of any ground chili powder.
Let this simmer in the crock pot all day. When you get home from work, make a quick pan of cornbread to go with it. Season to taste with hot sauce or jalapeno slices and cheese.