View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #70
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, I would at least be irritated if somebody tried to ask something in extremely bad Swedish instead of speaking English. It is well know that all Swedes speak English so they are wasting my time trying to communicate in Swedish.

And to try to avoid to fool people that I know more of a language than I do I do not try to use the local language. Even in Japan I used this principle (agianst tourist book rekommendation) and did not notice and disadvantage.
Well, that just means you aren't willing to help someone learn your language. So, now that everyone in Sweden speaks English, are all of the signs and documents now in English as well? So there is no possibility of an English speaking person getting the least confused? And, are you (all?) against people who don't speak English trying to learn a few words in Swedish? Or, is it just the English speakers who are wasting your time, and you are more tolerant of people who only speak Spanish, or French?
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote