View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clié; PRS-505; EZR Pocket Pro, PRS-600, Kobo Mini
I create ebooks as Microsoft Word docs, because that's the program I'm most comfortable with editing. (I'm working up to learning Kompozer enough to edit HTML instead.) Then I convert the file into either LRF or PDF--but I use very specific PDF settings customized for my Reader's pagesize, and my own reading preferences. I wouldn't make PDFs for strangers, and when I make them for friends, I pester them for settings first.

For long-term archiving, I prefer HTML, because it converts best into the other formats.

PDF is an end-use format and should only be considered if the specs used to make it exactly match the user's needs. Almost always, this is not the case--usually, it's made for print layout, which isn't great for any of the best ebook-reading options.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote