View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Sorry you're having issues, Gideon.

I just tried a PDF I'd created a couple of years ago and it seems fine. Only issue I noticed was that since it was a very old book, the margins weren't pristine so the DX didn't crop them. Still very readable.

I can go through the whole process a bit later (Opticbook --> software --> Acrobat 8 --> PDF --> DX) and see if there are any issues I can see. I use the same process that you do, scanning to .tiff and then using Acrobat to pull them in to a single PDF. Note, though, that I have Acrobat 8, not 9.

Edited to add: I usually scan in the 150 - 300 dpi range because that's what most OCR engines prefer. I don't remember offhand what dpi I scanned the above PDF in, but I would doubt if it was above 300.

Another edit to add: I usually scan B&W (not grayscale) unless it's an image like a photograph.

Last edited by Studio717; 06-17-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote