Here is the igorsk
Kindle Update Tool version with support for Kindle DX
(-k3). Took me about an hour to mod and test it. I know the two lines I added are a bit of ugly code, but I don't know enough Python to make it prettier.
If anyone is interested in the Blog Kindle
's Unicode Fonts hack, I have made a version for Kindle DX
. Personally, I am not very happy with the Kindle Unicode Fonts hacks (adding fonts in addition to native fonts and replacing entries in config files for browser and reader. I believe the Sony Reader approach was better (will see if it can be pursued for the Kindle), as it totally replaced the native fonts with the appropriate Unicode set.