View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the total memory was something like 128 Mb -- I wouldn't put too much weight on that, I don't know how reliable it is.

Whatever the 'total' memory is, they clearly put the OS/App set into it too, and we get whatever's left over. As noted, right now it's around 90Mb. I think the "64 Mb of User Accessible Memory" thing is more in the area of a statement that they don't plan to fill so much of the internal memory that they leave us less than that 64 Mb.

I guess I said all that to say this: whatever the current usable memory is, I think it's likely to move around some with firmware updates.

That's a lot of speculation in there, so salt to taste.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote