View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #7
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudioita

I think a 6 inch screen would be ok. What is not clear from the Sony website is if I can zoom the image (the page of the PDF) to fit up to the border of the screen ... and then pan the image down to read the page.

Thanks!
The resolution and quality (sharpness) of the screen is as important as size. At smaller size than a tablet I doubt anything than 1024x600 on a sharp color lcd screen is going to work well and even then it depends.

If you need to read lots of technical stuff/non ocr'able scans I strongly recommend a tablet, and an extra battery, no existing ereader will be good enough (maybe the cybook if available again, but better get a tablet anyway, you can find very good prices on 2-3 year old ones if a new one is too expensive).

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote