View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 03:56 AM   #5
claudioita
claudioita began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
claudio, when you said that your PDFs contain images of the scanned books, did you mean that you didn't run them through an OCR program first? If so, you are probably out of luck with the Reader. And you wouldn't be able to resize text either (generally graphics in PDF cannot be meaningfully resized unless they are in vectorized form).
Yes, exactly. Each page IS an image (no OCR). So far I am reading them with a PocketPC (Qtek 2020, I guess 3,5 Inch) and the result is not satisfying.

I have to zoom the image (THE PAGE) to the maximum width allowed by the pocketPC (in landscape mode) and then pan the image down for reading the whole page. (This way I pan the image only vertically but not horizontaly: hope I 'm clear with this!)

I think a 6 inch screen would be ok. What is not clear from the Sony website is if I can zoom the image (the page of the PDF) to fit up to the border of the screen ... and then pan the image down to read the page.

Can this be done with the Sony portable reader? If not will I have better luck with the Hanlin or Irex (the Iliad is a bit too expensive for me though) or others?

Thanks!
claudioita is offline   Reply With Quote