View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Not every company runs around shooting their mouth off about their product before it even works or in turn hammering the competition at every turn. Even to the point of spreading LIES/FUD/MISINFORMATION about the competition publicly then having to retract the statements as the lies they were. Rather some companies value controlled release of information and only to really push when they have a tangible product ready. Plus most also value the image they present to the public more, apparently, than others.

Then again a flat NO might be , oh, heck is IS, rude of them...still, it's sort funny if you think about it really. But, given the NYT's review of the device, can you blame them? Perhaps that was also a case of some marketing wonk, overstepping their job description, handing out the sample before it was ready.

I also think this fall will be the year of the $150 (maybe even less) dedicated 5" basic pocket reading device as well the movement toward alternatives to eink which bring a 10" reader to the $250ish price point with ease.

I just have a sense the makers of the Cool-er are a tad skiddish. And really, right now it seems high priced compared to others.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote