View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #13
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
About that, I remember that the manual (the one we snaked before they noticed we were looking ) listed .PRC as one of the supported formats ... anybody else wonder if this could be a Palm OS device?
I don't really expect it to be. Heck even Palm doesn't seem to want to run Palm (the 6.0 OS was never picked up by the hardware makers, and now the OS people are looking to put the Palm GUI on Linux), though since I currently read on Palm, and most of my tools and software work on Palm, I wouldn't be upset if it were.

More likely, though, it just reads the PRC doc files, which used to be called Palm Doc (though I think it was more accurate to call them Aportis Doc files). The format does not support formatted text, but it compresses well, and just about all handhelds can read it, so it makes a nicely portable alternative to plain text.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote