View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #30
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The way I would put this is: why have landscape mode at all for reflowable ebooks?
I think the idea is, at least partially, for those books with illustrations (such as textbooks). When the Kindle is in landscape mode, the illustrations are (sometimes, at least) zoomed more.

Also, I imagine that many longer equations, poetry, etc. look better in landscape mode. In the experimental "web browser", web pages also tend to display better in landscape mode.

BTW, as a long-time iLiad v1 user, I just got my Kindle DX and am loving it! So I'm not unbiased.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote