View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
OK, let me try and work through all of these!
I've tried another computer (unfortunately also runs Vista but only alternative I have) and not recognised in Computer or Device Manager
Unfortunately I don't have another mini-USB cable at present so can't eliminate that, but it was the one I got with the Cybook and worked fine previously and still works fine with my SatNav (not conclusive, but helpful)
Presence of SD card or not doesn't make a difference, but SD card in card reader (in any USB port) is fine and have checked for errors etc
I have tried different USB ports, no difference, and previous Cybook always connected fine
Laptop is plugged in, and the other computer I tried on was a desktop (USB I tried was at front, can maybe try other
Have tried several times at various stages of charge with no difference (I've had the 'new' one for a few weeks ago)
Have had to reset several times because the Cybook recognises the computer even though the computer doesn't recognise the Cybook so it crashes when I can't/don't disconnect properly (which is probably making the problem worse)
Only thing I forgot to do is try in safe mode so will do that time I'm restarting my computer and keep you posted

It works fine otherwise, it's just a pain; even though I use SD card a lot I should be able to transfer stuff onto my Cybook if I want to!
Nothing back from Bookeen yet.
Any more ideas gratefully received!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote