View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I realize I don't know if the DX will read DRM PDF or will it be just like the Mobipocket and only read non-DRM!
We do know that it won't read Adobe DRM, from Amazon, Others License Adobe Reader Mobile SDK:
Quote:
I do want to clarify that Amazon’s integration of the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK into the Amazon Kindle DX only includes PDF support, and not support for EPUB or Adobe Content Server 4 protected content.
Note that this does not necessarily mean that Amazon won't sell DRMed PDFs for the Kindle, just that the DRM won't be from Adobe (and so Adobe-protected lending library ebooks won't work).

The KDX will read DRM-free PDFs, e.g. if you strip Adobe DRM, see Adobe ADEPT DRM for PDF circumvented (which discusses the legal issues as well as how to do the circumvention).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote