View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
In honor of the passing of David Eddings it seems like The Belgariad series should be where I begin...
It seems like a good choice.

Eddings copped a little bit of flack for plagiarising himself after the follow-on series, The Malloreon. Regardless of any validity there might be in the criticism, I remember thoroughly enjoying The Belgariad. I hope you do too.

(An aside: I too was a little put off at first by the "real world kids get transported into a magical world" element of Fionavar, but memory serves me with the opinion that I quickly got past that and into a story I enjoyed. Of course, with all the options suggested by others that you might prefer, I wouldn't give too much value to this opinion o' mine. )

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote