View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It is stand-alone at least. Some suggestions like Earthsea and Dying Earth I do not think is high or epic fantasy at all.
I agree with you on that; I wasn't reading the title of his thread carefully enough.

I do, then, recommend this series by Jack Vance:

* Lyonesse Trilogy

Epic, grand, and with delicious language. It's not, however, for lazy readers who want to be tickled and cuddled to death. (One should find something large or already deceased for that task!)

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote