View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Their points system is the only weight loss program that worked for me.

Basically, you can eat anything you want.......but everything you put into your mouth has a certain number of "points", and you are limited to a certain number of points per day, depending on your sex, weight and height.

Veggies and water, tea and coffee are "free" Fresh fruits are usually one point each, except bananas which I believe were two.

Once you've memorized ( and its faster than you think) how many points your favorite foods have, its easy to follow.

I liked the frozen meals.......not the WW brand, they were too expensive, but I did like the Lean Cuisine, and some of the others. Points for the meals were listed on the box.....you knew exactly what you were getting, could add a salad and your meal was done.

I also found it easier when buying chips, snacks etc, to bring them home and "pre-package" them in baggies. That way, when I had to have something, there was no cheating or wondering how many points that handful held.

I have a wonderful recipe for bean soup that gives 2 points per cup........if you want it, pm me. Its extremely filling, and can be cooked in a crock pot.

I'm no longer on the plan, (and it shows), but while I did follow it it worked great! Good luck to you, and kudos for getting this far. the first week was the hardest.....after that its almost fun!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote