View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
I have the HP mini 1035.

Thats a 1.6 gig processor, I upped it to 2 gig main memory and a 16 gig SSD flash drive as the main C: drive. Windows XP takes about 6 gig of the main drive when stripped down alittle. I then added office 2003 on it which leave me with about 7 gig free.

It has a high speed SD card slot on the side tha I filled with a 32 gig SD card, since it does not stick out at all I just leave it in all the time. I have "My Documenrts" redirected to the SD card so all the files do not take up the C: drive.

There are 3 USB slots. one is a mini mobile drive USB slot that can take a USB card not much bigger then the USB connector and twice as long. I have a 8 gig in this one to hold just my music. The other two are standard USB slots

10 inch diaginal display with a web cam just above.

I get about 3 hours on the battery if I leave the bluetooth and wifi off. It works pretty good as a book reader and net surfing.

$350.00 from Best buy
$69.00 for the 2 gig main memory stick
$59.00 for the 32 gig SD card.
$25.00 for the 8 gig mini USB
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote