View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A Science Fiction Novel YOU would recommend

Ok: You demanded it, even though NOT ONE SINGLE email came to me. The fact is, I could sense it because I'm TELEPATHIC and have abilities far beyond your silly, meager boundaries of understanding. (I'm also able to control the magnetic/berium brains of UFOs through my ability at TELEKENESIS and my mind-warp infusion at the binary-polaroid juncture. HEY! I can write nonsense SF with the best of them!) -- Ok, enough stupidities and sillinesses.

What am I talking about? Here's the explanation for this thread:

There's been some cross-pollination in the the other two threads that I started that have similar titles. It's sometimes hard to distinguish where one type of fiction "bleeds" in to another genre, but there certainly were some SF novels posted in the Fantasy thread I started. So, putting my two brains together, I decided to create YET ANOTHER, BUT DIFFERENT thread on the topic of science fiction novels YOU would recommend to someone.

Here's one I recommend (the novel, not the novelette): Flowers For Algernon, by Daniel F. Keyes. This novel won the Nebula Award for Best Novel when it was published. As a film with the name of Charly, it was a memorable movie starring Cliff Robertson, who won an Academy Award as Best Actor.

This is a great novel, in my opinion. Give it a try, if you haven't read it.

Don

P.S.: And remember, zombies are not brain surgeons
P.P.S: Thanks to wayspooled for getting the name of the film correct. I had a wrong spelling.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote