View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #64
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook HD+, and Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
The fact that epubcheck doesn't validate this requirement in the spec is a bug in epubcheck itself:
I'm not even sure what epubcheck is, but I guess you know. If you were asking before whether the Stanza reader somehow altered the file, I don't think that's a concern.

I'm trying to remember now whether I made any last-minute tweaks and ran it through Calibre again before uploading. I don't think so, but it's possible I did.

It's not that huge a deal, though of course one wants everything to be right.

It displays fine in Stanza on small devices (or at least the one I tested), except for the inline TOC not working. Since the menu-driven (meta) TOC works, I'm not too worried.

As for Stanza desktop butchering the formatting, it sounds as if it's designed to do that. Interesting philosophy. I suspect not too many people read books in desktop Stanza anyway.