View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm convinced they do it on purpose. "planned obsolescence". i bought the extended 5-year garantee for my washing machine : ONE MONTH after it ended, i had to replace the plastic beaters inside the drum, which broke off. (although, it's been a few more months, and the machine is still working, touch wood...).
It's definitely "planned obsolescense", has to be. I had an iMac (my first Mac) that decided to have a meltdown about a week after the warranty ran out, an iPod that did exactly the same, and I can't count the number of kitchen appliances that decide to quit the nanosecond the warranty expries.

Yet I have a 70+ year old mechanical typewriter that works flawlessly every time (well, when I've used it, it's more of an ornament now).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote