View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
No one has commented yet about the potential format change though. I'm not sure I am completely up to speed but you should look into whether the Cybook currently supports mobipocket (which you have indicated a preference for) or epub drm which is the new up and coming format I believe. I had seen a few postings to say that they were abandoning mobi on the device going forward and picking up epub instead which may be a plus or a minus in your consideration.
I've had personal confirmation from Bookeen that they are categorically not abandoning MobiPocket. What they probably will do (and we should know for certain in the next few days) is have two different firmware versions - one with Mobi support, the other with ePub. Given the ease of reflashing the CyBook's firmware (all you need is an SD card - no PC connection required) this is probably a good solution.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote