View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #99
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
Techcrunch posted a short video walkthrough of Cool-er. It looks pretty decent and I like that it has user-replaceable battery.
That vid gives me a positive impression of the form factor and durability--this is the first reader I've seen that remotely tempts me away from just using my netbook. The super-clicky nav button looks less than ergonomic, but every interface takes some getting used to.

I think the reviewers have it backwards saying it's for the "less tech savvy." Generally it's the "less tech savvy" who take the 'gadget with the most features wins' approach. If I were buying for my mom, who got her first computer from me last Xmas and is still mastering things like saving files and copy-paste, it would be a K2, no question. What strike me as limitations in the store and overkill on the features would actually make it easier for her to use.

For me, however, file management, format shifting, and shopping around for my ebooks are not a big deal. Pocketability and expandable storage are a far bigger draw than touchscreens and text0r-net, and the pricepoint falls just this side of justifiable expense. Also, I like the green one

That said, I doubt I'll be in the market for a reader in the next year, by which time it will probably be a whole different ballgame.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote