Thread: Silliness Avatar for zelda_pinwheel
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #1834
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Nan's was never "bland and weak". It was so strong we'd occasionally dilute it with super-strength, knock-me-down-chuck-me-up scrumpy, just to reduce the inevitable visions.
I guessed what "scrumpy" was, knowing the verb "scrump" and Terry Pratchett's "Scumble" (made from apples... well, mostly apples).

What I hadn't realized was that the rest of the world uses "cider" to refer exclusively to fermented apple juice. In the US we distinguish between "hard cider" and the regular kind, which is fresh unfiltered unfermented apple juice. Apparently this distinction in usage came about shortly after Prohibition.

In any case, as I avoid alcohol even in cough syrup, I think I'll pass on any trifle Marc offers me.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote