View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Much of the manual seems to be a cut and paste from the Kindle 2 manual, with some mis-statements about PDF support.
What are the mis-statements in the manual about PDF support, and how do you know they are mis-statements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
A reason for thinking that text to speech might not work for PDFs is that getting the text in the right order for speech is essentially the "reflow" problem (although images and most formatting can be ignored).
That fact that text-to-speech may not always follow the flow "correctly" (I don't expect multicolumn support) doesn't mean it won't work. I see your point, but they go out of their way to note the numerous things that don't work in PDFs, so I don't know why they would neglect to mention this one. (Although the inability to hilight and annotate PDF is almost hidden.)
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote