View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponder View Post
As to the freezing problem, I am experiencing the same difficulty. Check your firmware build by going to Advanced and then to About. I am using build 834. This maybe a problem pecuilar to this build.
I have Vista Home Premium (32bit) and newest model with build 834 firmware. AFAIK build 834 is not known for any new/special bugs...

By following these simple rules I've avoided freezes and such (for all builds):

- just use mobipocket files (you can easily convert PDF, HTML, TXT and DOC to PRC by drag&drop to Mobipocket Reader apps library).

- always manually turn off the reader (displaying a page uses nearly to nothing)

- use no pre-installed, but one of the freely available fonts (lots of recommendations in the forum - I use Goudita Sans SF)

BTW: My CyBook is shown as CyBook in Explorer, but otherwise the unit and the SD card are both just drives. For safe removal of USB drives this tool is useful: USB Disk Ejector

gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote