View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #47
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Wow! Very intriguing. With respect to the author's viewpoints especially. I wonder how many feel that way, though. I hope many. Transforming society through new ways of making, selling, reading books is an awesome mission.
The idea is not new. This was, before mandatory instruction, the only way to spread information. In the middle ages, troubadours were entertainment for monarchy but educators for the masses. Television today has in this way bypassed the written word, adding speed to the dispersion of information. But for complex concepts, words still have to be written down as a way to slow them to the speed of assimilation by a mind not prepared for the content. If we choose to make the word dependant upon physical means, like paper has been for a long time, or the new electronic readers, we basically submit its power to the owner of such transmission ways. The word is free so should be it's expression. Bowerbird's way is the purest, as free as it was originally created.
What we see here is the rebirth of the original troubadour.
Bowerbird I look forward to reading you again!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote