View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 05:04 PM   #105
gforgiraffe39935
Connoisseur
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook, Kobo, Kindle
Yes, I edit my eBooks but usually only to fix issues.
I don't like to do it, personally, but since I do like to annotate and re-read my books, I just cannot stand to let some of these issues go unchecked, like many of you.

Examples:
1) Remove a watermark that was covering up book text.

2) Fix typos in some romance EPUBs that were clearly just OCR scans that the publisher didn't bother editing when they decided to publish their back catalogue as eBooks (example: number 1 in the middle of a word instead of lowercase letter "i"). These ones I almost forgive because I know it's rare that people want to re-read these books from the 1980s and 1990s. I re-read them every year and since my paperbacks were/are falling apart and I prefer my eReader these days and I cannot stand to re-read them with such annoying errors...edit it is!

3) Fix the margins that clearly were never checked by the publisher or author when the books were uploaded to wherever I bought them.

4) Change the book cover to one of my preferred ones, usually the NON-film tie-in one. The biggest joy of discovering Calibre and owning my EPUBs, honestly.
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote