View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 10:52 AM   #23
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggy View Post
Yeah, I had tried doing that but no dice!
Meaning? It wouldn't even try updating (because it's the same) or it updated but there was no difference?

Sorry, I spaced on this. I was working on too many models and too many problems and got confused.
This should be a piece of cake to figure out.

Is the back off this thing?
Power down, there is an orange flex PCB (cable) with a little square IC on it.
There's only one with a chip that you can see.
With the power off, lift the little black bail on the connector with a fingernail.
Your knuckle faces the main board.
Remove the flex PCB, maybe clean it lightly with a paper towel moist with isopropyl alcohol.
Put it back in. Try it again.

There are other things you could try, but they involve DVM, oscilloscope or testing the panel without the Max itself.

Last edited by Renate; 05-04-2024 at 11:04 AM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote