View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 09:25 AM   #1
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Why does Kobo keep re-downloading covers to some books I've already downloaded?

This has been a problem for some time, but I've never bothered to raise a thread about it until now.

There are some books in my library (always purchased from Kobo, never sideloads) where even after I have already downloaded the book to my local device, the Kobo will try to download the cover again the next time I turn my device on or it tries to sync. I have never been able to figure out rhyme or reason as to why, but it is always specific books in my library.

It's not really a problem, per se, I can still read the book fine. But the obnoxious thing is that if it happens to a book I'm currently reading and the cover re-download is not successful for whatever reason before the device goes to sleep, then I'll come back to find that the book cover on my device lockscreen has reverted to the generic Kobo EPUB image, which is quite annoying.

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on here? Does Kobo store ebook covers for books downloaded from their store somewhere other than inside the ebook itself, such that it feels the need to keep pulling it down?
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote