View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 12:33 AM   #75
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Do you use the ipad listed for your tablet
Not for a long time. My current iPad mini has a dpi of 326 and my iPhone 460.

Quote:

And don't think the Kindle app is any better.
My kindle app is FAR more responsive than my kindle eInk reader. It’s not even close, page turning is instant with no blinking between pages. Changing orientation is instant. Going from book to library is instant. Changing the font setting is instant. Color options and not just toggling white and black.

But I’m not limited to just the kindle app. FBReader is my app of choice. Run a finger up and down to adjust the brightness. Set 5 of the 6 tap regions to go forward and one back. That way it doesn’t matter which hand I’m using, one tap and I go forward.

Quote:
I see you have a Fire 8 HD listed as your device. That's my newest. Kindle app is so slow!
I read mostly on my iPad mini and iPhone. My kindle fire tablet is mostly my “take movies with me when traveling” device. It does not have the same quality screen and it is a lot slower. Not slower than my eInk tablet, but a lot slower than my iPhone and iPad.

They got better the last version, but still not in league with my Apple devices. Of corse, they were only $50, not $500 or $1000 for the Apple devices.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote