View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 08:23 PM   #266
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
iFixit links and parts prices are up, in case this hasn't been posted:

https://www.ifixit.com/collaborations/kobo

Looks like a battery will run around $45 for the Libra Colour, a screen replacement, $130. Still a good argument for using a case, as breaking a substrate is not going to be a cheap fix.

Other parts include motherboard, front and back covers, and these are modestly priced.

I'm still resisting. I just don't see a smaller color device beating my Sage in any way, considering the majority of my content doesn't have much color besides covers. But I have to admit, I'm also very curious and enjoying all the excitement!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote