View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 03:12 AM   #1330
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalf View Post
Hello, I am trying to run 2 different types of Add Book actions, where one handles the metadata with the name, and the other with the content of the ebook (i go more in details here) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...15&postcount=1

I tried the Add Book action but it seems to not have the metadata handling part that Calibre has. Is it possible adding it? It could fix the issue I have currently as I need to have metadata handled differently for 2 types of books (2 different folders).

Thanks for your work !
The add action calls calibre Adder, which follows the settings in calibre to decided whether to read metadata from book or from filename.

What you can do, is use the GetFileName plugin, which stores the filename in custom column. With this you can use Action Chains to add the book and apply the metadata from the GetFileName column. Action allows you to use Calibre Template language to write data to column using regex.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote