View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 08:58 PM   #7
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Just to confirm: which file is the Calibre database itself? Is it the metadata.db file? Is there anything else I need to copy over?

I installed grsync and did the laptop->flash drive->computer sync, and could see that it mostly moved only new books since my last export/restore (along with a bunch of metadata files in the ebook folders, and inexplicably some EPUBs that are very old--dunno if the folder name changed or if rsync detected some file corruption, or what). But Calibre itself is not showing any of the new books. I opened the metadata.db file in a sqlite browser and I can see none of the new books are in the data table, so I'm assuming that file failed to copy over for some reason.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote