View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 11:24 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
How erratic is it?
You did notice the section that you bolded in your quote from one of my posts mentioned almost every time which is not the same as 100% reproducible.

From my point of view, very erratic. I have my Sage able to trigger the error the majority of the time when I connect while my Clara HD, Forma and Aura One ranged from 1 in 50 connects to having me get bored enough to stop my connect, read a couple of pages and reconnect cycles without managing to trigger the error.

Please note that I have never observed this behaviour when using my Kobos to sync purchased/borrowed books, it does seem to require a USB connection with all it's variables.

At one time, I dropped the number of sideloaded books on my Sage to less than 10, removed all the synced books and the database corruption refused to happen. This suggests my keeping a few thousand books on my Sage (currently, 3027 total books) with the required larger database size might have an effect on how often I see the issue. Is this usage normal for the average Kobo user? Very likely not.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote