View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 07:55 PM   #17
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Seems like one thing for me to try would be to build Sigil-2,1,0 on the older machine with Qt-5.15.10, and see how it behaves.

Not tonight though

Albert
Aww, what the heck. So I went and built Sigil-2.1.0 on the older machine per the instructions in Building_on Linux_older.md.
in the end, I have Sigil 2.1.0 with Qt 5.15.30 and as for the preview problem it behaves just like Sigil 1.9.30

So I guess this confirms it's nothing wrong with Sigil itself; but I'm not sure I have exactly the same fonts installed on both machines. BTW if a font substitution is made, is there any way to tell what font it decided to use? I always code a fall-bac font of, say, "serif" in any font specifications, and that has always worked before now ( and still does on other epub readers AFAIK).

again, using the same file on both machines, I get the following:

Albert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil-2.1.0_Qt-5.15.10-crop.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	207590  
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote