View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 06:18 PM   #1
H4zzard10
H4zzard10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Exclamation Weird things after registering PW2 w/ KUAL

I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 at Goodwill with no special offers a few months ago and have really enjoyed using it so far. Today I decided to register it so i could buy books and not be limited to Project Gutenberg, big mistake. Now there are ads everywhere and i have to swipe on the lock screen (remember when i bought it this was not the case). I tried deregistering it to get rid of them, but nope.

Aside from that, after deregistering I got a new book in my library titled "Test Kindle Installation Result" and when I open it it says "Dear Developer, Your Kindle is no longer a test Kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers. If you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer. Thank You, The Kindle Team". KUAL still works and I can launch apps, so what does this message mean? And is there a way I can get rid of the special offers myself or will I have to contact Amazon? If all else fails, will a factory reset fix it and is that safe to do being this one is modded?

Thanks in advance!
H4zzard10 is offline   Reply With Quote