View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:26 PM   #15
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee34983 View Post
Can anyone advise on my previous question of how overdrive works, if you just need a Wi-Fi connection for the initial download of a lended book, or if there's some sort of on-going dependency with an internet connection to read the lended books?
I haven't tested it for this, but my experience with Adobe DRM "borrowing" is that the time limit is in the file and the reader software enforces it, so there is no need to check back with the home server.

I don't turn my wi-fi off often enough to test this, but the occasional long-forgotten overdrawn book (on Internet Archive, not Libby), seems to work this way.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote