View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 07:51 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Again your argument boils down to: there are still horses in the world so no one can drive cars…

If the publisher does their job then the coding can work on even ancient devices (or non-standards-supportive ones). That does require the publisher to get out of their “coding comfort zone” and learn the new techniques!

I have also added an example to my previous post that gives an example of the @medua and @supports rules. Very simple!

Now, back to the thread topic: pseudo-selectors…
How can they say it's compatible code when it's not compatible? That's a lie. There's no reason it cannot be compatible. As you saw by my CSS, it's compatible. With their CSS, it's not compatible. They use code that a lot of programs don't understand. There's no need for that. They break the cardinal rule to keep it as simple as possible. They keep it as complicated as possible. So it breaks in a lot of situations.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote