View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 06:06 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned media queries here?? We are talking about pseudo selectors...completely different.

Having said that, media queries started out as primarily a kindle thing, but now they can be used to get the screen size and orientation among other things. Definitely useful on any device that supports queries. Added to the functionality of @media is @supports...that way you can check to see if the device supports a css function before setting it. These two things could be considered 'more convoluted' than basic css...but they aren't really that bad once you get used to them. In any case, they should not be confused with the subject of pseudo-selectors.
They are that bad when you have no need for them at all. If you se the code I modified, you'll see how convoluted StandardEbooks code is. There's a lot of code that doesn't need to be there. And to be compatible, it needs to go. The code they made is not compatible enough and the code I made is compatible enough.

They also lie. If it was compatible, they would not have to say it's not compatible with Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote