View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 04:05 AM   #44099
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
So, Rumple:

I feel as though I miss you! We were all so involved in closing the store, selling the store/building, buying the new apartment...wowzers!

So, how did the "switch Sunday to Friday" suggestion go, ladies?
It's only the first Friday of the month, the rest of the month we're going on Sunday. This week was the first and it was good. My mother was craving pizza so we ordered that.

My parents are settling in. They're still waiting for a bunch of furniture and they have to go shopping for light fixtures and a coffee table. The cats are also settling in well.

My sister and I are now at the stage where we're going through our things and see what will fit in the new house, and for the things that won't fit we have to decide what we're throwing away, what we're donating and what we're putting up online to give away for free (big things that won't fit in my sister's car). This afternoon we're heading for my sister's garage and hopefully finish sorting that stuff and afterwards we're going to pick up a couple of boxes of dvds/cds/book from my storage unit to sort through next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
(Happily, one of my minions is going to move away from the city in which she now resides, here in the USA and is looking for a new town/city to move to. That lets me occupy my "new house" brain adequately, for the nonce. Admittedly, we're only in the "what's a good new place to go" stage, versus the "we need a house that has X s.f. and..." stage, but, hey...I am not normally a person who cares for shopping for anything, truly, but I do like looking at houses!)

Hitch
Looking at houses is very addictive. I've still got the app on my tablet and regularly look at apartments and houses for fun. Mind you, I always loved TV shows like BBCs Homes under the Hammer and Escape to the Country, so it shouldn't surprise me.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote