Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #76
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

I'm interested though as to why 9/11 jokes are still taboo? I have heard some, but have never passed them on even in private conversations, and certainly wouldn't in a public forum like this - I consider myself quite unshockable in general and so I'm struggling to understand my own feelings on that.

Quite possibly not a subject for further conversation other than to say that perhaps we've found at least one boundary?
Possibly, because I, for one, still have the vision of those planes smashing into the twin towers seared into my brain.

I can still see the people jumping/falling from incredible heights to the street.

I can still hear the broadcasts, I can still see the firemen/policemen/civilians rushing into the buildings, knowing they would collapse soon, but hoping to save anyone that they could.

I can still hear some of the phone conversations from those in the towers before they collapsed.

I can still feel the shock, and see the shock and horror on the faces of those in New York.

I can still see the towers finally falling, and I can hear the screams in my head.

And I still feel an undying hatred for those who perpetrated this horrendous, senseless atrocity.

Anyone who feels 9-11 is a venue for jokes just needs a reality check.