View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 05:35 AM   #13
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
This problem does indeed exist, although I have never encountered it. Probably because I always optimize and minimize the images I include in the EPUB file, so removing the EXIF data is somehow mandatory.

However, since the problem exists I have tried to find a solution for those who need it.
The plugin detects if any of the JPG images do not have an 'Orientation' tag with a value other than 1 and displays a corresponding report in the 'Validation Results' window.

Hint 1:
The JPEGOptimizer plugin prepared by Doitsu takes the orientation information into account.

Hint 2:
The jpegoptim program used by the JPEGOptimizer plugin has the ability to remove EXIF.
Spoiler:
Code:
-s, --strip-all   strip all markers from output file
--strip-none      do not strip any markers
--strip-com       strip Comment markers from output file
--strip-exif      strip Exif markers from output file
--strip-iptc      strip IPTC/Photoshop (APP13) markers from output file
--strip-icc       strip ICC profile markers from output file
--strip-xmp       strip XMP markers markers from output file

In the attachments:
  • a screenshot from ADE 4.5
  • a sample EPUB file
  • a view of the Sigil window after launching the plugin
  • the CheckImageOrientation plugin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ade45-sample.png
Views:	39
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	207299   Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-results.png
Views:	34
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	207301  
Attached Files
File Type: epub orientation.epub (62.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: zip CheckImageOrientation_v0.0.4.zip (4.3 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 04-02-2024 at 06:22 AM.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote