View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 05:12 PM   #35
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaenor View Post
Thanks for sharing the comparison photos - these actually look pretty great in the real-world environment. I was always wary of the colour e-ink's 150 PPI resolution and the darkened background by default, but these issues aren't nearly as prominent as people make them out to be. That third photo is just chef's kiss - it's like I'm looking at an old comic issue fresh from the store.

When you do use a frontlight, how bright do you normally set it for comfortable reading? That is, in situations when there's not enough natural light.
Here is a comparison of use with other monochrome e-readers to give you an idea of the difference.

My usual usage is:

- Tab Mini C: 50% brightness; 8% warm light.
- PocketBook Era: 40% brightness; 7% warm light.
- Kindle Paperwhite 5: 11 (out of 23) brightness; I don't use warm light.

My second choice is:

- Tab Mini C: 70% brightness; 12% warm light.
- PocketBook Era: 60% brightness; 10% warm light
- Kindle Paperwhite 5: 15 (out of 23) brightness; 1 (out of 23) warm light.

I have a third, even brighter option, but I hardly use it. In general I tend to use my e-readers with high levels of illumination. Other people may use lower levels.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote