View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 11:13 PM   #23
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The 13.3 screen replacement alone will cost more than some 14″ tablets.

Android 9. Doesn't need rooted unless you are mad enough to try changing the OS and risk bricking it.

Mooink is a tiny niche Chinese company. See https://duckduckgo.com/?q=MooInk+pro&ia=web

Edit:
Maybe priced at $1099.99, so likely about €1300 inc delivery and VAT/Customs in Europe.

It's actually only 825 × 1100 pixels @ 103 ppi. It's misleading to quote the underlying mono panel resolution. LCDs do colour the same way and don't quote the mono resolution.
A modest 2000mAH LiPoly cell.
Chinese bookstore pre-installed.

From https://einkopedia.com/introducing-m...te-technology/ I recommend you don't preorder.

The Nxtpaper 14 is maybe 2880 x 1800 (16:10) and if it's 14.25" would be 238.33 ppi colour (mono ips panel is higher). It should be about €600, though not sure if that is pro or regular version. A button on edge switches to mono! Possibly 14G RAM and 256 G Flash. Available 2024. The Nxtpaper 11 (4G RAM, 128 G Flash) has a micro SD slot that works up to 1T byte. I have the Nxtpaper 11 and it's better than the Kobo Elipsa. I'll probably also get a Nxtpaper 14 for larger PDFs, picture books and magazines.
it does look cool , still i think it needs more time in innovation for a cool hybrid of lcd to paper
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote