View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I made it as far as Bandicut going out with the mining crew before I decided it wasn't really my cup of tea.

I thought the initial premise was interesting, and the Triton environment was depicted intriguingly. But I couldn't suspend my disbelief in the Quarx/Bandicut relationship, which seemed too contrived. And the opaque nature of the Quarx's mission went from tantalising to irritating pretty quickly.

The mining crew came across as one those stereotypical gung-ho work crews beloved of SF stories since at least Alien - at which point I found the call of other books became too loud to ignore.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote