View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM   #37100
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Me too, getting off a bus. Managed to prop myself up against the door after grabbing the door rail, and hang on to groceries in my left hand and a walking cane in my right… no idea how.

I think I'll stop getting the bus home when I'm carrying stuff, it's safer to walk.
I can relate. I do well taking the bus after I swim at the health club, but tonight I stopped at Target and bought a few things, including a heavy 6-pk of bottles of diet pepsi. Used my own shopping bag and it was a burden. I was awkward getting on the bus and got some looks of pity (particularly from a guy from my health club who can no longer swim). It was a short ride and I wondered how I would get up while carrying that bag (I also wore a backpack with my swim stuff). I carried the bag in the same hand as the cane and didn't use the cane except to put down on the street as I got off the bus.

The Targets in the city recently changed hours from closing at early 9pm to 11pm. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to shop in there tonight. I got out of the health club just before 10pm.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote