View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 09:58 PM   #1
tagehring
tagehring began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 3
Library management app for Boox Note Air 3 that plays nice with Calibre?

I recently upgraded to a Boox Note Air 3 (from a Kobo Aura One) and am not thrilled with the built-in Library app. I'm looking for a replacement app that can read Calibre metadata (proper title sort, series info, custom tags, etc.) and then use the built-in reader to open files for reading.

I've always preferred to use USB to sync my Calibre library directly to an e-reader, so cloud storage or remote sync isn't anything I'm looking to set up at this time (will eventually set up a Calibre server at home but it's not happening anytime soon.)

I tried out Calibre Sync but couldn't get it to recognize books I'd already transferred to the device using Calibre. The documentation I could find for it was pretty useless. Calibre Companion was recommended to me, but everything I've read online indicates it's a dead app and is pretty much broken after the last update.

I am pretty new to the Android ecosystem in general and the sheer amount of information I've come across googling the topic is a bit overwhelming. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?
tagehring is offline   Reply With Quote