View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 11:07 AM   #4
stefan230
stefan230 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3 (PB743K3)
Thank you two for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
importing does not touch files they remain byte for byte identical. Unless you have some third party plugins installed in calibre.
I was fairly sure it did something, but of course you are the dev you would know :) I looked at it again and the files are indeed identical. It was actually the transfer to the device that changed them. (Interestingly enough not only for the device but also in calibre library itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley
Although files aren't changed when importing, sending them to the device does update the metadata (opf). You can turn that off by disabling the "metadata writer" plugin for the format type, probably EPUB, in Preferences / Plugins. Alternatively, use "Save to disk" and copy the book manually to the device, or copy it directly from the folder in the calibre library (use the shortcut O to open the folder for the book).
This was the hint I needed. Deactivating all those plugins comes with the expected result. The Epubs are now byte to byte copies. So thats actually very nice. Do I lose any vital functionality by disabling those plugins though? (I guess the metadata would not be in the opf-file and it would stay the way it is even if I change metadata in calibre? Like adding the author and a tag and stuff)
stefan230 is offline   Reply With Quote